Greetings to one and all! I hope that 2019 is getting off to a good start for all of you. There’s plenty of interesting topics to go over…and I’ve also included the Winter Weather Safety links…so let’s get started.
- Here’s some eye candy for my fellow dinosaur enthusiasts…some great photos from the USA’s amazing Dinosaur National Monument.
- All of us could use some good news…and here’s some very good renewable energy news. “Wind vs. Gas: Winter Wind Beats New Pipelines.”
- The USA government shutdown has long-reaching ramifications in the scientific community. Here’s one look at just how vital government scientists are to so many aspects of our quality of life.
- The # agencies feeling effects bordering on ruinous. “As the Shutdown Persists, Here Are 5 Ways It Will Impact Science.” , , , , & are among USA
- This interview on how the USA government shutdown has an interview with Keith Seitter, executive director of the American Meteorological Society, on how the absence of federal scientists is slowing down life-saving research.
- It may not be hurricane season in the tropical Atlantic, but the USA’s government shutdown is having serious repercussions on hurricane preparedness, research into model forecasting, and training for meteorologists.
- Dominated by California wildfires and tropical cyclones in the USA and Asia, natural disasters caused approximately $160 billion in damages worldwide in 2018.
- The Earth’s oceans are warming and absorbing excess heat 40 percent faster than previous estimates. This will have significant long-term impacts on weather and climate events.
- The Earth has more than one kind of weather…space weather is very important to every form of life on our planet. “Space Weather Can Be Trying For Arctic Regions – New Technique Aids Space Weather Forecasting.”
- Finally, AccuWeather is creating its own hurricane intensity rating scale. This is asking for nothing but confusion when conveying potentially life-saving hurricane information to the general public.
WINTER WEATHER SAFETY
Winter is here to stay for a few months across the Northern Hemisphere. It’s never too late to review winter weather safety information. These links will help you get started.
Please note: Any advertising you see on this blog is from WordPress and not me. Hopefully, funding will be available to make some substantial changes and that will no longer be a necessary annoyance. I apologize for any inconvenience.
That’s a wrap for this post! I’d like to send a warm “Welcome” to my new followers in social media and a “Thank You” for my long-time followers! Thank you so much for all the support and kind words. Your friendship and loyalty is appreciated a great deal! Remember…there’s no such thing as “boring” weather…just different types of exciting weather!
Tornado Quest on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tornadoquest
Tornado Quest on Instagram: https://instagram.com/tornadoquest
Tornado Quest on Tumblr: http://tornadoquest.tumblr.com
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1998 – 2019 Tornado Quest, LLC