Greetings everyone! I hope the weather is to your liking wherever you are. Across much of North America, foliage is at its peak for the autumn season and that’s a very welcome sight especially in the wake of devastation left behind by Hurricane Michael. There are several weeks left in the Atlantic hurricane season and that’s plenty of time for more storms to form. Many other topics to go over, so let’s get started.
- Here’s a fascinating read on the weather of another planet. “Massive Cloud Forming Over One Of Mars’ Biggest Volcanoes Is Icy Water Vapor, Not Eruption.”
- Written during Pacific Hurricane Willa’s rapid intensification, this article puts into perspective how 2018 has been a record-breaking year for tropical cyclones.
- An interesting read on how our planet’s climate zones are shifting…and the effects climate change has on economics, public health, and more.
- Every winter, many people feel a sense of confusion when they hear of climate change and global warming while looking out the window at a snowstorm. Here’s an excellent read on why snowstorms are not proof that global warming isn’t happening.
- In spite of a plethora of information designed for the non-scientist, many Americans still underestimate the strength of the scientific consensus regarding climate change.
- With cooler weather settling in over much of North America, many folks are turning on their heating systems for the first time in months. Before you do that, please have it checked by a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s more home heating safety information from the American Red Cross.
- If this comes to fruition, it could spearhead a major shift in understanding…and predicting…certain kinds of earthquakes. “A String Of Italian Earthquakes Hints At Forecasts For One Type Of Quake.”
- An example of irresponsible “Out of sight, out of mind.” Several uncapped oil wells located only a few miles off the coast of Louisiana have been leaking hundreds of barrels of oil a day since 2004.
- This is a “wake up” call on a public health issue that will only get worse with time unless international proactive measures are taken. The World Health Organization says air pollution is the “new tobacco” for reasons that are very sound.
- Finishing this week’s list with an ingenious idea that should be used worldwide whenever possible. Why let all that rooftop space go to waste? “California Shopping Mall Adds 9,000-Panel Solar Array.”
Once again this week, I’m sharing the Hurricane Preparedness link. Regardless of the month, it’s never to early or late to prepare.
For those of you who live in hurricane prone regions, this page will give you a starting point on preparedness. This link will be posted each week until the end of the Atlantic tropical cyclone season. If you’ve not prepared for a tropical cyclone, it’s not too late in the season. We’ve several more weeks left for tropical cyclone formation. Substantial hurricanes and tropical storms have occurred in October and November…and will occur again. Also, here’s a reminder on how to manage the plethora of social media outlets during the tropical cyclone season. This is also applicable to any weather event year round; winter weather, severe weather, etc.
That’s a wrap for this post! Here’s a warm “Welcome” to my new followers in social media and a “Thank You” for my long-time followers! It’s great to have all of you along for the fun! If you’re on Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, or Facebook, so am I…let’s connect!
Tornado Quest on Twitter: https://twitter.com/tornadoquest
Tornado Quest on Instagram: https://instagram.com/tornadoquest
Tornado Quest on Tumblr: http://tornadoquest.tumblr.com
Tornado Quest on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tornadoquest
Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright © 1998 – 2018 Tornado Quest, LLC